Gym workout plays a huge role in keeping us fit. But, we all have been through a problem to not having time to go to the gym due to busy life or bad weather.
You can buy gym equipment to solve this problem. If you are a runner then the treadmill is the best option to start with.
Home use treadmills buying guide.
First of all, let’s take a look at the types of treadmills.
Types of Treadmills.
Mainly there are two types of treadmills. First is a Manual treadmill and second is a motorized treadmill.
The manual treadmills are not powered by a motor, instead, they turned on by your movement using belt attached to it. This means they can go fast as you can and they are portable, smaller in size and lightweight.
Also, they are less expensive compared to the motorized treadmills.
On the downside of it, the manual treadmills experience won’t be good as those fancy treadmills in the gym. Because the manual belt can become cumbersome for your legs and hips.
Finally, the manual treadmills don’t have that luxurious features as motorized treadmills so you should know what you can expect from a manual treadmill.
As the name suggests the motorized treadmill is powered by a motor and you can set speed and incline in this treadmill according to your need.
They are less portable and heavier compared to manual treadmills. But they are very easy to use and best for people who like some high-tech feature in their treadmill.
Most of the people these days choose the motorized treadmill because of their variety of incline setting and a wide range of speed selection.
So if you seeking a great running experience with lots of training programs then you should go for a motorized treadmill.
Features to look for when buying a Treadmill for Home Use.
- The running area or belt should be large enough to support your running speed. 55 by 20 is a common running deck for most of the people.
- The motor should be able to deliver more horse-power in case if you are choosing that treadmill for running purpose.
- Warranty is some serious feature you should consider when buying a treadmill. Most of the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on motor and frame of the treadmill.
- User weight capacity is another feature to consider. You should choose a treadmill with at least 50 pounds of higher weight capacity than your weight.
- It should contain some additional features like heart rate monitor, training program, a mobile companion app, incline setting, and display.
So which is the best treadmill for home use?
Well, we have rigorously tested many treadmills according to their features and came up with the list of Best 9 Treadmills for Home Use in 2019.
- It is one of the best treadmills with great features available right now.
- The NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill comes with a 2.6 HP motor and has a user weight capacity around 300 lbs.
- You can Digitally adjust your incline up to 10 percent to add intensity to your workout and target specific muscle groups
- Get the training you want with 20 built-in workouts designed by a Certified personal trainer to help you achieve your fitness goals
- With CardioGrip Heart Rate Sensor (Built-in each handle) you can monitor your heart rate while you train.
- It is an iFit compatible treadmill, so if you have a subscription for it then you can access so many workouts using this treadmill.
- The great feature of this treadmill is that you can Plug your iPod or another MP3 device into the console sound System and listen to any music during your workout session.
- The T 6.5 S Treadmill comes guaranteed with a lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, and a 1-year part and labor warranty.
- iFit Compatible — Get Professional Workouts Designed for You
iFit is a revolutionary fitness brand that integrates with NordicTrack machines to help you get more out of every workout. With an iFit module, you can access custom Google Maps training routes anywhere in the world, automatic stats tracking, personalized workouts, competitions, and more! Requires an iFit subscription, sold separately.
- 5-inch Backlit Display — Track Your Progress
Track your progress while you perform iFit workouts tailored specifically for you. A 5-inch backlit display shows your speed, time, distance, heart rate, and calories burned. iFit will then use these stats to create workouts designed specifically for you.
- 0 – 10% Incline — Burn More Calories
Incline training helps burn more calories and target specific muscles. The T 6.5 S treadmill’s 2.6 continuous horsepower motor allows you to shift anywhere up to 10-percent incline at the touch of a single button. When running a custom Google Maps route, iFit will automatically adjust your incline to match the natural terrain.
- FlexSelect Cushioning — Choose Your Comfort Level
When you run on the T 6.5 S treadmill’s 20-by-55-inch tread belt you can choose between a FlexSelect-cushioned deck that helps reduce the impact on your joints, or a firm deck that feels more like running on the road. Make adjustments with the simple turn of a knob.
Our final verdict
- The NordicTrack is a well-known manufacturer for designing treadmills.
- The T 6.5 S has a good sized machine which gives you a good running and incline.
- with the iFit program you can access tons of workouts and also you can monitor your heart rate in this treadmill.
- It has so many workout programs, in short, it has so many great features.
- It is not that much budget friendly but it has great features according to its price, but if want a budget-friendly treadmill for just walking then check the other treadmills in our list.
- The Horizon Fitness T101-04 has some amazing features.
- First of all, it is a folding treadmill which speeds up to 10 mph, incline up to 10 percent.
- The user weight capacity of this treadmill is 300 lbs and treadmill weighs 165 lbs itself.
- The great feature of Horizon Fitness T101-04 is that it comes with many 30 cool built-in programs like a manual workout, 10 Step-goal workouts, 10 distance-based workouts, 6 calorie-goal workouts, and 3 intervals workouts.
- There are some other features too like built-in Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 compatibility and Pulse grip heart rate monitoring.
- Also, it comes with a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 2 years of warranty on parts and 1 year of warranty on labor.
- It is a great product for its money.
- Feather Light Folding
Easy folding with two hydraulic shocks to assist when raising and lowering the deck. Unfolding deck lowers slowly and safely.Compact storage to keep your space for living.
- Perfectly Powered & Quiet
Walk or jog – the T101 keeps pace with you. Responsive motor adjusts immediately to speed changes. Optimal motor size minimizes noise.
- Variable Response Cushioning
More flexible up front where the foot lands. A neutral zone transitions your stride. Firmer in the back where you push off. The right mix of shock absorption and support for less strain on your feet, ankles, knees, and hips.
- All the Extras
Challenge yourself and reach your fitness goals with 30 programming options. Coolfit personal fan gives you a more comfortable workout. Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 input to play music through the console speakers.
Our final verdict
- The Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill is a great product for the money.
- It has some great features like no other for instance surround speakers, 30 programmed workouts, lifetime warranty, and Variable Response Cushioning.
- Some treadmills have only 90 days of warranty on the motor but the horizon’s offering a lifetime warranty at this price.
- At this price, it has some mind-blowing features.
- The ProForm Pro 2000 is one best treadmill for pro runners and joggers.
- It is very affordable for pro runners, it is the lowest priced treadmill in pro series of proForm.
- The user weight capacity of this treadmill is 320 lbs and treadmill weighs 230 lbs itself. It is fold-able compact and space saver treadmill.
- It comes with 32 built-in programmed workouts and you can adjust incline/decline up to -3 to 15%.
- Also, it features a 3.54 HP motor and top running speed is 12 MPH.
- Also, it is iFit compatible, built-in ProShox Cushioning, CoolAire Workout Fan and has a Space Saver Design.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, five years on parts, and two years of service.
- This is one of the top-rated treadmills.
- Full-Terrain Race Training
Improve performance when you train for your next race at our -3 percent decline range. Now you can prep your legs for the downhill as well as the uphill.
- Endless Training Possibilities
Enjoy fresh workouts every day with iFit technology. The extensive fitness library gives you unlimited workouts like the 30-Day Fresh Start for Treadmills or 60-Day Weight Loss—keeping you motivated to come back day after day.
- Google Maps: Scenic Motivation
If you’re feeling creative, draw your own scenic route via Google Maps and iFit will map your workout and send it to your treadmill. Or select from our pre-programmed routes like Backpack Europe or Tour of Asia. Your deck will adjust to mimic the terrain and your legs will feel every hill or valley along your route.
- Precision Engineering for a Quiet Experience
With the PRO 2000, you can enjoy the benefits of precision engineering, which guarantee the motor and deck work silently throughout even the toughest workouts. Our 2.5-inch precision machined and balanced non-flex rollers deliver a smooth ride for 1 mile or 26 miles.
- Space Saver: Simple Storage
In 1995, our engineers created the first folding treadmill with our innovative Space Saver technology. A few years later, we improved our design with the hydraulic spring EasyLift Assist, which lifts and lowers your treadmill deck effortlessly.
- Mach Speed Horsepower
Every PRO 2000 workout is powered by the 3.5 continuous horsepower Mach Z Commercial motor. Built to handle the hardcore runner or the easy-going walker, this motor is self-cooling for long-lasting life and durability.
- Commercial-Grade Construction: Rugged Confidence
The solid steel frame creates a sturdy structure that inspires confidence. No wiggling, jiggling or shaking. Our high-quality construction surpasses the fitness industry standard and comes with an impressive Lifetime Frame and Motor Warranty.
- ProShox that Deliver a Pro Feel
Our patented ProShox Cushioning System keeps the impact to a minimum. You’ll feel the flexibility that keeps every workout comfortable with our strategically placed absorbers located on each side of your treadmill deck.
Our final verdict
- The ProForm Pro 2000 is one of the best buy product for pro runners.
- It has amazing features, good incline, strong motor,fold-able, Built-In Programs, and an attractive warranty.
- If you are planning to use entry level treadmill for home use then check out our other treadmills.
- It is a good product for its money. But it is not that much budget friendly.
- But due to its superior construction, best features at a great price and healthy warranty from Proform it is the best pro series treadmill available right now.
- The ProForm 505 CST Treadmill has a space saver design and you can fold it vertically for storage.
- It has a user weight capacity 325 lbs and treadmill weight is 186 lbs.
- Also, the console includes a built-in sound system with two 2-inch speakers so you can enjoy music during your workout session.
- The treadmill comes with 18 built-in training programs.
- The max speed of treadmill is 10 mph which is pretty good, and dimension of the running area is 20″ W and 55″ L.
- It is equipped with a cushioning so it will put a less stress on your feet, ankles, knees, and hips.
- The treadmill comes with 25 years of warranty on the motor and 1 year on warranty parts.
- Large LCD Window
We know when you’ve made up your mind about getting fit, you mean business. So we made sure your workout stats are right in front of you as you work out. That means you can watch your mileage, speed, calorie burn, heart rate, and time add up.
- 18 Workout Apps
After years of hard work and innovation, we figured out how to make your fitness experience convenient and simple. When you step on the deck of a ProForm treadmill, you get instant access to professional training programs fully loaded and ready to go. Now you can enjoy a challenging workout focused in on your goals. Just press ‘Start’ and you’re off.
- 0 – 10 MPH QuickSpeed Control
Not everybody likes to run at 10 miles per hour. But it’s nice to know this treadmill can totally handle it. Thanks to a bigger motor size and faster flywheel gear ratio, we are pretty proud of the 505’s 10 mph top speed. Our in-home efficiency booster means you can run every day without using excessive amounts of electricity. And the convenient QuickSpeed buttons let you adjust your intensity instantly, so you can stay focused through every step of your workout.
- 20-inch x 55-inch Tread Belt
Because your in-home workout experience should be a comfortable one, ProForm designed a roomy deck so you won’t feel confined as you walk, jog, and run. The 55-inch length gives your legs plenty of room to stretch out your stride. And the 20-inch width allows your upper-body extra elbow room. To ensure our treadmills are top quality, we test each belt for one million cycles at double the user weight before release.
- ProShox Cushioning
Our No. 1 goal is to provide a comfortable run—and a comfortable walk. Every treadmill we release is equipped with cushioning throughout the deck area. So as you walk, jog, or run, your joints will be thanking you. With less stress on your feet, ankles, knees, and hips, you’ll be able to enjoy a longer workout and faster recovery time. It’s one reason why people love their treadmills.
- Compatible Music Port for iPod
Once you create your raving workout playlist, just plug your iPod* or MP3 player into our built-in sound system. Built with two 2-inch speakers, you can turn up the tunes and turn up the tempo. Experts have learned that we actually increase or decrease our pace to match the tempo of our tunes. Plus, music has also been proven to lower perceived exertion. That’s great news.
- Space Saver Design
We know you like your house to be clutter-free. So we invented a treadmill that folds up and out of the way when you’re done with your workout. It totally rocked the fitness industry; but honestly, we’re just glad you don’t have to sacrifice your living space for your fitness habit anymore.
- EKG Heart Rate Monitor
Grab hold of in-the-moment heart rate monitoring. These two hand-grip sensors are conveniently built into the handlebars. In a couple of seconds, you’ll be able to see your heart rate at any point in your training.
Our final verdict
- Overall this treadmill has great features like heart rate monitor, ProShox Cushioning, high user weight capacity, 18 Workout programs, and built-in sound system.
- The ProForm 505 CST is an excellent buy for its price and features however it is not that much budget friendly.
- If you are starting as a beginner then this is the best treadmill for you but if you are a pro runner then check out our other treadmills.
- The Goplus 800W is a folding treadmill.
- This is another one of the cheapest treadmill available with the great features.
- It comes with a LED display which displays the heart rate, scan, speed, distance, time and amount of calories burned.
- The user weight capacity is 220 lbs and the treadmill weighs 59 lbs itself.
- The great feature of this treadmill is that the top speed for running is 12 mph so you can easily adjust your speed between 0-12 mph.
- Also, there is a safety key which is designed with a clip to connect you and the machine and the Emergency stop button on the handrail double your safety.
- Well, it does lack some of the features like its belt is only 38.2″ long and 14″ wide. For some people, they found it very small.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty which the great deal for you.
- Heavy-Duty Construction
Frame is made of high-quality steel, has 220Lbs weight capacity, 38.2″L x14″W running belt provides comfortable and sturdy workout experience.
- Ipad/Mobile Phone Holder
Put your mobile phone or Ipad on the holder, you can talk with your friends or watch movies when you are working out on this treadmill.
- Safety Guaranteed Design
Safety key designed with a clip to connect you and the machine. The emergency stop button is on the handrail. Those two designs double protect you from a crash while working out.
- Multi-Function LED Display
LED Mode: Heart rate, scan, speed, distance, time and calories. There are also 12 programs available to choose, these easy-to-use exercise programs help to improve your cardiovascular fitness, boost your health and burn fat.
Our final verdict
- The Goplus 800W treadmill has a good body design, high user weight capacity, small size, highest running speed.
- The only problem in this treadmill is that it is small and the running area is narrow.
- But Under 200 $ It has some amazing features that one treadmill can ever have.
- Overall it has an attractive 3 years warranty, top running speed, Folding body, and high user weight capacity.
- So for this price, I think it is a great deal.
- The Entry level Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is Motorized folding type treadmill for home use.
- This treadmill is very quiet and compact for home use also, With the motor which is 2.25 HP you can run easily.
- The treadmill weighs around 130 lbs and the user weight capacity is 250 lbs.
- With the Easy Pulse Heart Rate Monitor, you can monitor your heart rate.
- It includes Six personal trainer workouts.
- Also, it has a Two-position incline using which you can adjust the walking position.
- The warranty of the motor is 1 year and warranty of other parts and labor is 90 days.
- Easy Pulse Heart Rate Monitor
Get an accurate heart rate reading by simply placing your thumb on the Easy Pulse sensor that is built right into the console.
- Blue-Tinted LCD with Priority Display
Track your workout results with this easy-to-read blue-tinted LCD with Priority Display. This display tracks your speed, time, distance and calories burned so you can monitor your progress throughout your workout.
- Comfort Cell Cushioning
Reduce stress on your joints and increase workout comfort with this unique treadmill deck, designed with a layer of cushioning for maximum stride impact absorption.
- 6 Personal Trainer Workouts
Burn fat, lose weight and stay motivated with Personal Trainer Workouts. These programs take the guesswork out of your workout by automatically adjusting the speed and incline of the treadmill for increased intensity.
Our final verdict
- Overall This is the best treadmill for home use and for its money it has great features and builds quality.
- The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is one of the cheapest Treadmills available right now.
- It is compact and easy to use so You won’t get any better treadmill for this price in the market.
- It is one of the best selling treadmills on Amazon.
- So if you want a budget-friendly treadmill and wanna use it in a home than it is a great treadmill for you.
- The Exerpeutic TF1000 is a motorized treadmill with a motor of 1.5 HP.
- The great feature of this treadmill is that it can handle 400 pounds of user weight and treadmill itself weighs around 120 pounds.
- In this treadmill, you can adjust the speed up to 4 mph in 0.1 mph increments.
- It has so many other features like 20-inch wide treadmill belt, extra long 10-inch safety handles, the LCD display which monitors the time, distance, calories burned, speed and pulse.
- Also, it does feature a Heart Pulse Pads, Speed Control Buttons, 2 Manual Incline Positions, Fold-able and Transportable frame.
- It comes with a 5 Year motor warranty, 1-year frame warranty and 90 days of warranty for parts and labor.
- Exerpeutic Therapeutic Fitness
High-Quality Products at Value-Oriented Prices.
- Wider Treadmill Belt
The treadmill belt has been widened to a fitness club size of 20 inches for safety and security. Treadmill belt size is 40 inch L x 20 inch W.
- Extra Long Safety Handles
Extra long safety handles are 18 inches long, more than 2 times the length of handles.
- LCD Display Console
LCD display window features elapsed time, distance walked, calorie burn, speed, and pulse monitoring.
- Heart Pulse Pads/Speed Control Buttons
Heart Pulse Pads on the handles allow you to target your heart rate while speed control buttons provide you convenience for adjusting your speed. The speed adjusts in increments of 1/10’s mph up to a maximum of 4 mph.
- 2 Manual Incline Positions
It features 2 positions manual incline. The frame has also been reinforced to accommodate a high weight capacity capability.
- Fold-able and Transportable
Folds up easily and then can be moved to different locations via transportation wheels.
- 400 Pounds Weight Capacity
Tested up to 400 pounds of user weight capacity
Our final verdict
- Overall Exerpeutic TF1000 has so many great features according to its price.
- It has a great user capacity, fold-able body, 2 manual incline positions, attractive warranty.
- But it does lack some features like it has no built-in programs for you to train.
- The length of the belt size is only 40″ long, the fitness club standard for belt size is 60″ long.
- But hey for under 395 $ with this many great features, this is the best affordable treadmill you’ll ever gonna get.
- The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 has an easy folding mechanism and a soft drop System to help you fold and unfold your Treadmill safely and with ease.
- The max user weight capacity of this treadmill is 220 lbs and it weighs 103 lbs itself.
- It comes with Handrail controls which allow you to Control start, Stop, adjust speeds, and measure your Pulse rate.
- Also, it has 9 built-in user programs with 3 Adjustable levels of incline.
- There are some other features too including Portability Wheels, Digital Monitor and Shock Absorption.
- Also, it comes with a 3 years warranty on frame and 90 days warranty for other parts.
- Folding System – with Soft Drop
The soft-drop hydraulic mechanism on the Sunny treadmills is a great feature that allows the deck to gently lower itself to the floor. The soft drop hydraulic mechanism assures safe, hands-free unfolding. No longer will you fear dropping your treadmills base on your precious floors. Fold your treadmill for storage and unfold your treadmill when it’s time to work out.
- Handrail Controls with Pulse Monitor
Monitor and maintain your target heart rate. Measuring your pulse rate is an important tool for exercising correctly and efficiently. The more steady and prolonged the elevated heart rate is during the workout, the more fat is burned. This important piece of health data will help you better understand your health and fitness status.
- Portability Wheels
Making the transformation of your home into your own personal fitness studio is effortless with these convenient transport wheels. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. The wheels at the front of the unit allow the user to move their bike around with ease, from room to room or store it away out of sight.
- Digital Monitor
Tracking your progress on the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 Electric Treadmill is simple with the Digital Monitor screen. The heart rate monitor- which quickly tells you how fast your heart is beating – can help you exercise at the correct intensity for maximum results. Exercising with your electric treadmill screen display will showcase the distance and time to keep you focused on achieving any type of personal fitness goals.
Our final verdict
- The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 is a decent machine.
- With the 9 built-in user programs and 3 Adjustable levels of incline, it gives you a good workout program.
- It is very easy to assemble, fold-able, compact and easy to use.
- Although the warranty is not so great on this treadmill still It is a great device for the mid-range price.
- It is very affordable, average treadmill and does the job.
- The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 is very low budget and fold-able entry level treadmill.
- The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 has user weight capacity of 250 lbs and treadmill weighs 118 lbs itself.
- It features a 16″ W and 50″ L walking belt which is pretty good.
- Also, it has 2 adjustable incline positions and comfort cell cushion deck for a better workout.
- It comes with 6 built-in programs to boost your workout.
- It has a 1-year warranty on motor, 90 days of warranty on parts and labor.
- 2.5 HP Impulse Max Motor
Work out at your speed with the Impulse Max motor, delivering power for interval, speed, or endurance training. This motor reduces noise as it cools internal components and is perfect for light or intense workouts.
- 2-Position Adjustable Incline
Increase results and decrease impact on your joints—greater incline is a double win. Quickly change the 2-position adjustable incline to burn more calories, tone more muscle, and build greater endurance.
- 16” x 50” Tread Belt
Stretch out your stride on this 16-inch by 50-inch deck. Perfect for users of all heights, you’ll be comfortable while you reach your fitness goals.
- Space Saver Design
Fold it up and walk away—in one easy step. With our Space Saver treadmill, you free up precious floor space. Because when you’re done, you’re done.
- Comfort Cell Cushioning
Reduce impact on your joints for a more comfortable workout and faster recovery time between workouts.
- Large LCD Display
This large LCD monitor tracks your speed, time, distance, and calories burned—making your training that much easier. Watch your progress happen today.
Our final verdict
- The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 is a good product for its money.
- It does lack some club-like features like cooling fans, cup holders, heart rate monitor and electronic incline.
- Also, The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 isn’t designed for running its meant for walkers.
- So in this budget, it has the best feature that one treadmill could ever have.
- It is compact, easy to use, has built-in workout programs and comforts shotgunning.
- For mid-range pricing, it is the best product.